Dylan finished the first day of school and I picked him up. The first thing he said was, "Mom, did you know they only let us eat once during the whole school day!" I laughed because school is only from 9:15 to 2:15 and they have an hour long lunch.
Clayton told me the second day of school, "Mom, I am almost used to these heavy shoes, they really aren't that bad." Again, I laughed because they were nike athletic shoes. It reminded me of wearing my doc martin shoes in the 90's. They were heavy! The shoes that Clay and Dylan are wearing don't even compare.
Gwen stayed at our house for a week a few weeks ago. The third or fourth night there I was making dinner and don't even remember what I was making and she came in a said, "You can cook" I looked at her and smiled. Me, a mom of three boys and had been married for 15 years and she asks me this. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I had cooked dinner every night that week but one. (For me that is pretty good) I love to cook, it is just that no one will eat the same foods in my house so I have given up for the most part. It was nice to have the reminder from her.
Matty's New Glasses
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment